Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Meet the Zuhair!

Last night I had one of those moments where I saw clothing so breathtaking I had to stop what I was doing and contemplate its fabulousness........ Kerry Washington (who needs to be on everyone's best-dressed list) was rocking a Zuhair Murad cocktail dress to an event (a movie premier, but who really cares where she wore it) and I think in the moment I first saw it, I would have done just about anything to touch the intricate hem.


Tell me that isn't gorgeous? You know it is. What I love about this design is that it gives the illusion of two complementary pieces while it's actually a single piece that was perfectly cinched by a mirrored belt. My guess on the fabric is dupioni silk because of the sheen and structure, I have no idea about the embellishments, but the effect of the contrast is stunning. I think that's what made me fall in love with this dress. From color to texture to form, this design is pure elegance...

I'm also loving that Kerry didn't take away from the beauty of the dress by trying to wear some crazy shoe (that seemed to be the new thing last season-who could have the most embellished pump). And then she topped it off with simple accessories and hair. Perfect look.
Murad truly knows what women want- he makes me want to quit my job, run to NYC, and take a job as his cleaning lady. I would make a shrine out of his thrown away sketches and fabric swatches and live happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment