Saturday, October 10, 2009

An All New High

Alexander McQueen pushes the bounds of "normal" again in his Spring 2010 line. The shoes on his models towered at 10-inches high and had some... interesting shapes and textures.


Starting with the oddest shoe shape of the show, I dare say this shoe reminds me of a lobster claw.... or a horse's hoof. I'm just hoping there isn't a matching set of gloves somewhere out there. That'd just be too much. SMH.

Here is another interesting shape, no doubt inspired by McQueens afinity for the supernatural. My only wonder is how the model's foot didn't fall off after she undoubtedly contracted mercury poisoning. I will give it McQueen, however, that he created a 15-lb shoe that actually stayed on with what looks like plastic straps. Good construction is good construction.





The third shape is a bit more acceptable, as I don't imagine it being a staple of an alien's Spring wardrobe. I actually find the heel contruction very interesting and, if this shoe wasn't 10inches high, I could actually see myself wearing it. But I heart my feet entirely too much for that type of torture.

1 comment:

  1. In regards to the first picture: that is NOT a shoe! ITs a vase! LOL How on earth she got her foot into that shoe even is a miracle.

    ReplyDelete