Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Glee Style Profile: Rachel

If you haven't already, just start marking your calendar by when Glee comes on. I love this show and ever since it started, I've been absolutely freaked out about how they style their characters. Sometimes in a good way, and other times in a very bad bad way. So, let's begin with Rachel (played by Lea Michele) shall we? She is our resident diva, after all.



Rachel, Rachel, Rachel... please tell me why the show's designers make you look like you are destined to be a librarian with half a dozen cats as your only companions. Her outfits, I must say, are pretty... disappointing. I know she is supposed to play the "Glee loser" that has no style, nor I suppose, cares about style. But *sigh* nonetheless, because the potential for geek chic was there and they chose to go the other way.



Perfectly knee-length Catholic school skirts and tragically 5-th grade cardigans seem to be staples of her wardrobe. And if you follow Glee, I'm sure you will note that Rachel no longer wears ridiculously over-pink makeup (if there is such a thing...) like in the first couple episodes. I think the makeup artists realized they couldn't use the same color pallet for her and the stereotypically blonde Quinn.



I'm secretly holding out for an episode where Rachel doesn't make me want to throw a mumu over top of her outfit....

2 comments:

  1. her style is cute and adorable..just because she dresses preppy doesn't mean she doesn't have style

    ReplyDelete
  2. eiw. her clothes are fugly

    ReplyDelete